The Final Fantasy XIV dev team just streamed their Live Letter XLV a few hours ago. Part One dropped some more details regarding the Monster Hunter collaboration that arrives August 7th which comes with new mounts and the collaboration instance. They also revealed patch 4.4 which comes with two new dungeons, the last 4 parts of the 8 main raids, new 4 lords fight and more!
Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming within the next few weeks:
- The Forbidden Land Eureka: The Pagos Expedition
- New Teaser Trailer for Final Fantasy XIV x Monster Hunter World collaboration
- “Rathalos: King of the Skies” trial (8 man for normal and 4 man for Extreme)
- Normal Trial – 8 man party with a ilvl minimum of 320
- Extreme Trial – 4 man party with a ilvl minimum of 350 with mechanics specific to Monster Hunter
- Requires player to be level 70 and have completed the quest “Stormblood” to participate
- Rathalos mount
- New Minions Poogie and Palico
- New Armor Set – design inspired by Rathalos
- New Furnishing – BBQ Spit
Also, we were given a preview of the next major patch, Prelude in Violet. Here’s what we know so far:
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords and Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Dungeons
- The Burn
- Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum (Hard)
- New Trial – Suzaku
- New Raid – Omega: Alphascape
- Updates to jobs, PvP, Battle System, Eureka, Gathering and Crafting, Grand Companies, Housing, The Gold Saucer and more.
Here’s the Twitch stream (untranslated). Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for Playstation 4 and PC.