News PlayStation Rumour 6

Rumor: PS5 To Launch With 9.2 TeraFlops

The PlayStation 5’s power might just have been discovered! A Reddit leaker and Twitter user by the name of _rogame has posted a series of tweets that allows users to calculate the PS5’s power.

If we do the math – (which I’ll spare you) – the PlayStation 5 will run at 2ghz with a total of 9.2 TeraFlops.

While TeraFlops aren’t the end all be all of what a console is – this number could suggest a $399 price tag!

The news comes hot off the heels of reporting by website, Windows Central, that the Xbox Series X will target 12 TeraFlops. It will be interesting what price point Microsoft goes with – but Digital Foundry’s own Richard Leadbetter suggests a minimum of $499.

With all that said, we at RemotePlay are huge fans of PlayStation and can’t wait for what comes next. The real question is – will you be interested in a $399 PS5 with a Zen 2 processor, SSD, and over 9 TeraFlops?

6 Comments

Burt
    Friday, December 27, 2019

No. Rumoured 3.4 ghz (0.2 slower than Xbox series X.
    13.1 teraflops, 24G Ram, 52-56 compute units,
    399 is obviously ok but I was ready to shell out 500 (450 Sony?) British pounds. So yeah, if what you are saying reporting could be true? Sony needs to upgrade its specs a bit more!

Leon
    Friday, December 27, 2019

I love playstation but if it does not have more power than the new xbox it’s not worth the buy this time only because xbox has Purchased more studios which means more games will be coming out for exclusives this is coming from somebody that has a playstation logo tattooed on his wrist. Playstation should go all out this time to make sure that they win this console battle and I for one would like to see 14 to 15 Tera flops

Kimani
    Friday, December 27, 2019

If u dont bring out the best ps5 u will lose customers such as myself and may others. Graphics and realism in games is important..

Michael
    Saturday, December 28, 2019

I love gaming, and I also love powerful GPUs, and am seriously excited for the next consoles. There are exclusives coming to the new Xbox that make it a must have for me, Hellblade 2 & Halo Infinite combined with the next Xbox being 12 Teraflops are why I’m getting it first. BUT, as I said, I love gaming, and will also be buying a PS5 to get the best of both worlds.

Gary Clark
    Saturday, December 28, 2019

Definitely.

KloppLooksLikeATramp.
    Saturday, December 28, 2019

I think so considering what I’ve seen them do with the PS4 which is barely 2 teraflops.